If you read my old blog ‘Call Me Pepper’ you will be in for a slight shock as I will now be merging fitness, fashion and nutrition all together. Unlike before where I mainly focused on fashion only. If you take a look at the ‘About’ page you will find a very short story on why I have chosen to create this new space. I finally found a way to mix together all the things I love without shying away from particular content because it doesn’t flow or because of the fear that it won’t be of interest. I realise that not only am I more and more interested in my own well being everyday but so are thousands of other people all over the globe. We all seem to be aiming for improved lifestyles. Not simply by dieting, but by actually exercising and enjoying it. Detoxing our minds and souls as well as our bodies through many ways. I think it’s a great new wave that has hit – I really hope it lasts because lets face it, we should always aim to be the best of ourselves. So with this new space of mine, expect a lot of positivity when you visit. Not only motivation to eat well, workout more often, or cleanse your soul regularly through methods of meditation but to just become an improved version of yourself. Taking baby steps. Whilst I will try my hardest to correspond with you all regularly – I also welcome any feedback/tips/tricks from anyone who passes by. I’m learning new things everyday, some of which work for me and some of which don’t so lets share it all together. I need a little kick-start, too!
Aloe Vera / Green Tea
Knock those thoughts out of your heads! If you are anything like the friends of mine, you will automatically think these drinks are almost the same as the Aloe Vera Detox you can pick up at Holland & Barrett for example. Let me assure you, they are not. They are almost the complete opposite. Extremely soothing, sweet tasting, refreshing, and addictive! Depending on the flavour you go for – mango, strawberry, plain, green tea, the sugar content will differ. So if you are looking for a detox – these drinks are not for you. However, if you want something natural and sweet these may be worth a try. They contain real aloe vera plant extracts which I love. I became addicted to them whilst in California. Although London does not offer the entire range the states do, we still have some good options so give one a go!
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Contains vitamins A,C,E, folic acid, choline, B1,B2,B3,B6,B12
- High in amino acids and fatty acids
- A well-known adapotgen – helps to reduce illness
- Helps to decrease the amount of unfriendly bacteria in our bodies
- Alkalies the body – helping to balance out acidity
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps to reduce inflammation – which can be great for skin conditions such as acne (I often cut the gel directly from the plant and apply this to my skin)
- As this can work as a cleanser/detoxifier it can help in methods of weight loss
Benefits of Green Tea
- Key active ingredient is caffeine – therefore can give you energy – great before working out or to kick-start your day
- Boosts metabolism – burning fat much quicker
- Weight loss aid
- Contains antioxidants which are believed to fight against cancers
Almonds and Walnuts
Wherever I go, you will find me snacking on a bag of almonds and walnuts. Not only are they great for your skin but your bodies digestion. They certainly fill that gap of hunger whilst meeting your bodies needs. Whether you take a handful straight from the bag, throw some into a greek yogurt, sprinkle them over your cereal or into a smoothie – you can pretty much intake mixed nuts at any given chance. I am certainly addicted.
- Bone building mineral
- Great source of protein for someone like me as I am a vegetarian
- High levels of Vitamin E – helping to improve the condition/appearance of skin
- Contains selenium which helps our bodies to heal and support immunity
- Great for nail growth
- Healthy fats
- Proven to aid weight loss
I hope you all found this interesting, if you wasn’t aware of some of the health benefits these foods/drinks can offer you – try them out. Let me know how you enjoy them. If you are also fans; what meals do you make with the ingredients I’ve mentioned? What benefits have you found when regularly consuming aloe vera, green tea, or mixed nuts? Do you apply them to your skin as part of your regime? Comment below, I’d love to know.